I/We are applying to become a member/members of the Standardbred Association Qld Inc. Enclosed/attached is my/our annual subscription. I/We hereby agree to abide by the Constitution and By-laws of the Standardbred Association Qld Inc.
** Please note that the indemnity form, together with your membership form, MUST be completed before your membership will be accepted. **
1 Classes of members
- The membership of the association consists of ordinary members, and any of the following classes of members— Honorary or Special Membership. Short term honorary or special membership may be conferred by the Committee to any visiting financial member of any other recognised Standardbred Pleasure & Performance Horse Association.
- Financial members 18 years of age or over shall be eligible to vote at any Special General Meeting or Annual General Meeting and to sit on the committee.
- Committee members shall be eligible to vote at any meeting.
- Financial members under the age of 18 shall not be eligible to vote at any meeting or to sit on the committee.
- In the case of Family membership, two members (nominated by the family) shall have the right to vote. These members must satisfy points 1 & 2 above.
- Honorary Life Members are any member/person who may be elected from time to time at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) in recognition of services rendered by them to the Association. Life members shall not pay membership but will enjoy all the privileges of membership.
- The committee has the right to levy fines or otherwise penalise breaches of conduct or regulations (as stated herein) by members.
- A right, privilege or obligation of a person by reason of their membership to the Association:
- Is not capable of being transferred or transmitted to another person;
- Terminates upon the cessation of their membership whether by death, resignation or otherwise.
- The Association reserves the right to refuse/cancel membership to/of any person (or family) deemed unsuitable by the managing committee.
- The number of ordinary members is unlimited.
2 Automatic membership
- A person who, on the day the association is incorporated, was a member of the unincorporated association and who, on or before a day fixed by the management committee, agrees in writing to become a member of the incorporated association, must be admitted by the management committee:
- to the equivalent class of membership of the association as the member held in the unincorporated association; or
- if there is no equivalent class of membership—as an ordinary member.
3 New membership
- Applications for membership shall only be accepted by completion and submission of the official SAQ Inc Membership Application Form.
- An application for membership must be:
- in writing; and
- signed by the applicant; and
- in the form decided by the management committee.
- Any person owning a Standardbred or interested in the Standardbred shall be eligible for membership.
4 Membership fees
- The membership fee for each ordinary membership and for each other class of membership (if any):
- is the amount decided by the members from time to time at a general meeting; and
- is payable when, and in the way, the management committee decides.
- A member of the incorporated association who, before becoming a member, has paid the members annual subscription for membership of the unincorporated association on or before a day fixed by the management committee, is not liable to pay a further amount of annual subscription for the period before the day fixed by the management committee as the day on which the next annual subscription is payable.
- Any person who has not paid their membership for the preceding year shall not be eligible to vote at any meeting of the Association whilst the membership remains unpaid.
- Membership fees for new members are due payable at the time of application for membership.
- Renewal of membership shall be payable on the due date each year. No membership fees will be returned.
- No membership fee shall be payable in respect of honorary or special membership.
- In case of a lapse of membership for a period greater than twelve months, full payment of all outstanding monies shall be required.
5 Admission and rejection of new members
- The management committee must consider an application for membership at the next committee meeting held after it receives:
- the application for membership; and
- the appropriate membership fee for the application.
- The management committee must ensure that, as soon as possible after the person applies to become a member of the association, and before the management committee considers the persons application, the person is advised:
- whether or not the association has public liability insurance; and
- if the association has public liability insurance—the amount of the insurance.
- The management committee must decide at the meeting whether to accept or reject the application.
- If a majority of the members of the management committee present at the meeting vote to accept the applicant as a member, the applicant must be accepted as a member for the class of membership applied for.
- The secretary of the association must, as soon as practicable after the management committee decides to accept or reject an application, give the applicant a written notice of the decision.